Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 7

OMG!! It is the 7th day of my not smoking adventure!! Tonight we are all going out to dinner to celebrate!! No matter what else I have this a smoke free week!!Humm wonder if I can make it 2 weeks??  Lol the adventure continues!  Ups and downs I sometimes want a smoke so bad  so I take a few puffs off this e smoke thing then deep breathe til it passes.  I need to learn some more coping techniques I don't want to switch one dependance to another as far as I am concerned my e smoke is just a temporary crutch to help me right now.I am too too worried for the first month but after that I want to get off all the nictione products.  I have 2 weeks more of patches then I will quit them and perhaps the e smoke for up to a month beyond.  Then again I dont think I will use the patches much longer dont care too much for them.

It is funny I have thought about quitting since I was 16 smoking full time I'd run out at night and half ass think I'd go without the next day but one wiff of someone else's and I'd be back. The withdrawal symptoms were (and still are!) very uncomfortable.  Like a hunger along with dizziness, dullness of the mind many other things.  A smoker gets so uncomfortable with out one in the hand! It is a comfort and a crutch..I once saw something where they liken a smoke to a baby's pacifier and in truth it is part that also. It gives you something to DO with your hands.  It gives you a few seconds to think before you speak.  It is a great tool for someone like me who is basically shy and slow to warm up. It helps bond you to other smokers since nowdays we are all objects of scorn!!!! It seems to me that smokers are looked down on more than drunks like we kill more people with all the 2nd hand 3rd had bullshit being thrown about.  Smoking true does shorten most smokers lives. But the claim that anyone who ever smoked one cigarette or is around anyone who smokes is an automatic death sentence?? Come on!  The medical industry used to advocate smoking to lose weight! I remember being a kid and my Mom was up in arms because her doctor suggested she try the "stinky things" as an appetite suppressant!

One thing I do miss about my younger years is we seemed to have more tolerance for others than now where so many expect others to follow their rules.  Kids could express some simply personal choices like hair color in many shades or t shirts.  Just because you personally didnt like something didnt mean it should automatically be banned! Intolerance seems to rule the day now. People are not allowed to be different.  Kids especially need to have simple ways to express their own individually not be part of the herd and yet in schools we ban this simple need.  We insist they dress a certain way behave certain ways.  We make them study for testing and have very few programs in place to capture their imaginations their hearts.  We are forcing them into clones of each other--cattle easily herded.  Free creative thinking different ways to be are now discouraged.  Before kids were allowed to be kids--running noisy etc such wonderful things! Kids still got to go with their passions!  Now if a kid has trouble in school yet loves a sport well they are not allowed to play the sport until they improve.  Kind of a catch-22 for them.  They lose interest in school. The rigid structures we have on everything leaves them no place to excel.

Ah hell I could go on but no one cares really.  We all seem to think we are in the right doing it our own wy and be damned to others!  Intolerance rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment