Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 6

Well this is the longest time I have gone without a cigarette since I was at least 16 that was when I became a full time smoker before it was just a few puffs here and there. For over 40 years I have been a smoker freaking weird that I no longer am! Well in a way I still am I do puff that e cigarette when I really really need a hit.  All the controversy about those is pretty damn stupid if u ask me.  The simple FACT is out of all the various nicotine replacement items--gum, lozenges, patches etc--and this is not only coming from me but many ex smokers I know !  the e cigarette helps the most.It is a heavier cigarette and glows a different color since we dont light it but it delivers a hit of nicotine to smoker's just as a smoke would without all the other chemicals. It has no stinky smell. I think I can use them for a while and eventually give up all the smoking type crutches. Rick has told me this is the easiest he has ever had and he has tried many times to quit and used damn near everything on the market and by prescription. Tim actually quit for months before with these things and is now seriously thinking of buying one again.  There are several types on the market each with pros and cons.  I think they are a great crutch for people trying to quit they help meet so many needs we smokers have.  Yes it still takes determination and focus to quit the real things.  These are not the same BUT a good substitute. They don't taste nasty like gum and lozenges and you can take a couple of puffs right after a meal which is one time we need the darn things most! With that thing sitting on my desk waiting for when I have to absolutely have to have a smoke----well I am hopeful I will make it

The boys had bought me a 2 cartridge starter kit and I am still on the 1st one.  I had tried one several years ago and liked it at first but that kind you had to add the liquid to cotton yourself and sometimes yuk! the stuff would go all over your mouth.  They were a lot harder to deal with that now all I have to do is plug the end into a port on my computer after unscrewing the cartridge and let it charge for a while each morning then screw back in the cartridge and it is good to go all day! I don't need to take it with me when I go out my gum and cough drops work well for me for several hours.  With this e smoke I think I might survive the 2nd week of this!!

1 comment: