Monday, February 4, 2013

Reflections

I was talking with my kids last night and suddenly remembered I have forgotten to use my prescription allergy nose sprays for a while and haven't needed my inhaler for several weeks now! My chest no longer gets that horrible tightness, I am no longer coughing, and I can smell all sorts of things.  Wow! 

Rick is so shocked about how easy it was for him to quit this time he has tried everything patches, pills, gum--name it if it was supposed to help he tried it but these e cigs are so much different.  We are still getting the hand to mouth action, the "smoke" to help you think clearer the nicotine so there are no major withdrawals all without all of the bad stuff in cigarettes.  My biggest problem right now is my nephew Tim who tried my toranado twist loved the "smoke" ordered one for himself but keeps using mine until his comes in!  With that who needs a "real" cigarette?

I am a total e cig convert.  I will admit my kids did get me one long ago when they first came out but it was much harder to use then I liked it but couldnt get a good draw off it and kept getting my mouth full of crud.  I have kept it and kept the idea in the back of my mind well with all the improvements the new cartridge systems etc it is a done deal for me now.I like the idea of varying amounts of nicotine I know the FDA insists there is no different in low tar/low nicotine versions of smokes and full flavor but there is!  I switched to light smokes 25 years ago and could not handle the heavier concentrations which is the reason I suspect the patches etc  made me so sick!  With these different concentrations of nicotine I can use a lower dose one which works great for me keeps me content and focused!

Truthfully the anti smoking groups spout a lot of stuff any heavy smoker knows is not true anyway like the above example of no difference between light and full flavor smokes. Why do scare tactics and half truths in their ads now instead of simple straight forward facts? Why stupid graphic stuff on a pack of smokes? Uh excuse me? Don't they know a real smoker rarely LOOKS at the damn pack? I smoked for over 40 years and while I know there are warnings all over the pack I cannot tell you what they say I kept the damn pack in a case! I barely glanced at it and then only to quickly rip the pack/carton open so I could shove it into my mouth!  Get real! And now instead of accepting even embracing new technology that will save lives they look down their noses and want to ban this too!

Simple truth everything in life involves risks. While smoking heavily I kept telling everyone that.  It is true we don't know what will happen.  We all come with built in expiration dates.Life is stressful.  We all have varying ways to cope some overeating (which I also did) some drugs some risky dangerous sports the list is endless. We need to have less risky options too.  We have to share this world so many people now feel a sense of entitlement the "do as I say as I want" with strict rules and codes rigid unyielding no compromise.Sure wish they would accept that others have rights too .  There are just way too many laws rules and regulations all designed to make us fit into a carefully controlled box. And violence is exploding way out of bounds. There is no tolerance for being different anymore. No respect for being an individual ...I often wonder if the intolerance is what makes it worse more of the monkey see monkey do mentality of violence. In schools it is no longer acceptable that people have different kinds of smart some are hand some creative some book smart to name a few. More later I am depressing myself

No comments:

Post a Comment