Friday, March 20, 2015

Tired of being 2nd class citizen

I read an excellent post by Lorien Jollye on the anger we feel  as vapors/former smokers being called names such as tobacco trolls or being told we do not deserve to be heard among other things.  It really hit hard.   http://theindefatigablefrog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-indefatigable-frog-or-why-this-wont.html

Thanks to the elite public health factions and their helpful unthinking innocents we are now deeply in Orwells 1984 -- the privileged elite class who enjoy making all the rules without any checks or balances. They control the news  and have purposely distorted facts about vaping making many claims that have NO backing in science or common sense.  Now these public health groups will shoot down any type of law that they should approve of such as  no sale to under 18 simply because it states a non-tobacco product. Yes it's true health groups have tried to allow sale to under 18  because the wording says the truth  vaping  does NOT have tobacco in it!! Shades of 2 + 2 =5!!!

 Why? because according to them  we are nothing more than addicts worthy of only contempt by anyone in public health. They tell us we are stupid we do not have a right to be around other people or to enjoy any activities that the right thinking people do so we are not to go to parks, beaches, zoos, we are too stupid to have a say in where our previous  heavily taxed  cigarette money should go (hint its to pay their salaries and give them a platform to further dismiss us) we are to still pay even more for healthcare with extra premiums (huh wasnt that where this tax money was supposed to go?) and even then at some hospitals will have the IV ripped from our arms while we are thrown into the streets  http://www.salina.com/news/tobacco-policy-at-SRHC-91114  all of this because we are disgusting filthy non rightspeak thinkers who do not deserve a voice.

I am ashamed.  I am 59 and I watched this happen in my lifetime yet never spoke up.  I by my silence allowed a huge group of people--including myself! to become sub-human.  When I was young people smoked everywhere--doctors offices, grocery stores.  I can remember how angry my Mother was when her doctor advised her to smoke so she would lose weight. She hated smoking so maybe that is why I stood by I didn't let her know I was a smoker until I was 19. By then more people where starting to take  health warnings more seriously even though we could still smoke in hospitals there were those who'd gripe about the cost or call them cancer sticks.  I remember a friend's Mom who was talking about the new taxes and worried that someday cigarettes would cost a dollar a pack.

A few years later the bans started.  It used to be at the mall we'd walk around with a cigarette yes we put them out before we went into the stores but walking around was fine.  We were allowed to go into food areas and smoke also.  We were still people then.  Suddenly an ordinance was passed and all smokers had to congregate in a few select areas of the mall and OMG!  Those were bad!!  Even my non-smoking friends and relatives where appalled everyone agreed it was so much better when smoking was not confined to one place--back then you MIGHT catch an occasional smell but that was it but with the new way confining smokers to one place it was overwhelming...even to smokers.  WE started going outside instead because that was gross!!  Too many people confined to a very small space THAT is what caused the problem!  It was ok in some places that had rooms set aside for smokers because it was ventilated too.

I was mostly too busy with life to pay much attention to all of this.  My only concern was the price of my vice so I switched to generics.  But then more bans my brother (never smoker) told me about new bans going in bars now that he thought were way stupid.  The bingo halls started smoking and non rooms later on the state tried to ban smoking in the halls but attendance went down so much that the organizations managed to get the rooms with the special filters re-opened.  Suddenly faster and faster bans were all over.  I wasn't allowed to go to the parks the zoo damn near anywhere.  I had to get away from doors even during a heavy rainstorm.  I was looked at with contempt encouraged by tobacco control.  A doctor actually yelled at my husband for being a smoker when he had health problems--the world had decided it had the right to tell us how to live now.  People who used to be polite now felt it was their right to order smokers around tell us we are trash now potheads and alcoholics have respect but smokers are trash.  Funny when I was young it was very different smoking a cigarette didn't make you mean or stupid or impaired it actually simply either gave you a moment to think or calm down or sharpened your mind  so you think clearly but now its the bad guy.  To be quite honest I would say alcohol has killed more people I lost a close friend at the age of 16 to a drunk driver.  No matter what bs they lie about 2nd hand smoking only hurts the person.  I have known too many people from smoking families who are kicking and old.  Truth is  tobacco control has an agenda to get rich so they lie.

Anyway my kids wanted me to become a non smoker and my friend's kids wanted the same for him too so we  tried the vaping way.  To our shock and surprise it works.  Freaking weird!! But according to public health we are STILL trash.  They seem to be mostly angry because they are loosing money and damnit!  It is their money!!  We are supposed to smoke pay taxes and take whatever they want to throw at us.  We have no rights according to them we are not people.  Shit they won't even allow our success stories on their quitting sites--http://smokefree.gov/journey ---- clear disclaimer  from their site:
The information presented in these stories is based on the experience of individual smokers and does not represent NCI’s position or policy.
(*) Posts which advocate the use of non-FDA approved nicotine products may be removed.

And they HAVE removed loads of them!! 


Public Heath? Or elite dictators? Privileged class who earn their living very comfortably getting rich through demeaning and punitive actions  aimed directly at us. They lie.  They said they simply wanted the end to smoking yet instead are determined to make us smoke again by denying us use of a product that even with their cherry-picked science they can't deny is much better for our health.  To me it looks like panic and temper tantrums from them over money and power never health. To me all their garbage over vaping simply shows the truth they are all nothing but liars.  Oh and I am not the only one who now believes this!!  Everyone who watches your train wreck is disgusted.  We no longer trust you that is why your warnings on vaccines on flu shots on damn near anything are now met with a raised eyebrow. Public health officials now need to prove themselves willing to work for real public health and not just money power and prestige


To those who don't believe me look around. Follow the money.








No comments:

Post a Comment